elf Tan-Deep Halo Glow Liquid Filter ($14.00 for 1.06 oz.) is a medium, golden brown with hotter undertones and a glowing, radiant end that was reasonably dewy with out being texture-emphasizing.
for particulars on common efficiency and traits (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Tan/Darkish (6.5) (P, $44.00) is lighter (95% comparable).
- Make-up by Mario Medium (P, $30.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, hotter (95% comparable).
- Charlotte Tilbury Darkish (7) (P, $44.00) is hotter (95% comparable).
- Make-up by Mario Medium Darkish (P, $30.00) is much less shimmery, cooler (90% comparable).
- REFY Tan (P, $26.00) is much less shimmery, darker (90% comparable).
- Iconic London Golden Hour (P, $27.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, much less shiny (90% comparable).
- Kaja Toasty (P, $24.00) is much less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% comparable).
- Anastasia Caramel (P, $35.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, hotter (85% comparable).
- Fenty Magnificence Macchiato (P, $32.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, hotter (85% comparable).
- Kaja Shady (P, $24.00) is much less shimmery, lighter, hotter (85% comparable).
$14.00/1.06 oz. – $13.21 Per Ounce
The formulation is billed as a “multi-purpose, liquid glow booster” that provides a “soft-focus” filter. It may be used by itself, over or below make-up, combined with basis, or as a standalone highlighter. It lived as much as its claims, was simple to make use of, and did not impede the wear and tear of merchandise I paired it with.
It labored so as to add all-over radiance when utilized as a sheer layer over naked pores and skin. I agree with the model’s suggestion to use it throughout with a sponge, as this ensured a really even, hydrated software that allowed me to construct up the extent of luminosity. It combined effectively with thinner and thicker, sheerer and fuller protection foundations with out shortening their longevity or making them exhausting to use.
As a standalone highlighter, they utilized effectively with fingertips or brushes, although I discovered the simplest approach to make sure over-application (that doe-foot is big!) was to faucet a bit on the again of my hand, then use a fingertip or stippling brush to use to the excessive factors of my face. I did not have any points with the formulation lifting up base merchandise.
It is extremely similar to Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter (which additionally has a number of different comparable rivals in the marketplace), although I would say the elf model has much less of a fluid, skinny really feel. I believe this helped it work higher with thinner foundations in addition to thicker, greater protection formulations, and I did not really feel prefer it made something higher or worse–neutral–when used by itself or utilized on the pores and skin. At most, somewhat went a bit additional so far as radiance and protection went, than HFF.
Browse all of our elf Halo Glow Liquid Filter swatches.
Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone,
Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer,
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil,
Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate,
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract,
Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891),
Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492),
Purple Iron Oxide (Ci 77491),
Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499),
Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as accessible by the model (or retailer)
on the time of publishing. Please all the time test product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient record relevant
to the product you are buying, or the model or retailer’s web site for essentially the most up-to-date ingredient record.