Western Digital’s new SanDisk G-Drive Enterprise Class Exterior Laborious Drives promise as much as 22TB of storage capability and browse/write speeds over 250Mb/s for the 4TB, 6TB, and 12TB fashions, and as much as 280 MB/s for the 18 and 22TB fashions.
On the coronary heart of the brand new G-Drive system is a 7200 rpm Ultrastar Enterprise Class exhausting drive, which is able to transferring information at as much as 10TB via an upgraded USB 3.2 Gen 2 Sort-C interface, offering sufficient efficiency to edit 8K video information instantly from the machine.
“At Western Digital, we all know that having a powerful workflow could make or break your challenge, however when persons are given the fitting instruments to push boundaries, they’re unstoppable.
That was the inspiration behind the SanDisk Skilled model,” states the corporate press launch. “From capturing and transferring to storing and archiving – to assist handle manufacturing property successfully and reliably.”
Future-proofed with TB4 connectivity via USB 3.2, customers can edit 4K video and above instantly from the exterior connection, or use it for backup of movies, images, music, and different necessary information with as much as 22TB of storage capability.
Key options embrace:
- USB-C (10Gbps) drive for quick backup with as much as 280MB/s learn and 280MB/s write1 (22TB2 capability)
- Excessive-capacity, enterprise-class Ultrastar 7200RPM drive inside
- Mac Prepared, Apple Time Machine suitable; simply reformatted for Home windows
- A stackable, anodized aluminum enclosure gives premium sturdiness
- Three modes of brightness to regulate the LED lights
- Anchor factors to connect to a DIT cart, mounting plate, or different gear
- 3-year restricted guarantee
The drive is constructed with a stackable anodized aluminum industrial grade enclosure for sturdiness and power whereas pairing ideally with nearly any high-end modifying laptop available on the market.
It additionally has LED standing lights with adjustable brightness settings. There are two anchor factors on both sides of the drive, enabling the drive to be mounted to a DIT cart, mounting plate, or different mounting configuration.
The drive additionally comes preformatted with MacOS 10.15 or later assist out of the field and works with Apple Time Machine. The drives may also be reformatted to be used with Home windows laptop methods as nicely.
Out there in capacities starting from 4TB, 6TB, 12TB, 18TB, and 22TB, with a retail value beginning at 209.99-649.99, the G-Drive Professional comes with an AC energy provide and a restricted 3-year guarantee. It’s anticipated to ship in early September.
[source: Western Digital/Sandisk]
- SanDisk Professional 4TB G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class USB 3.2 Gen 2 Exterior Laborious Drive (B&H)
- SanDisk Professional 6TB G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class USB 3.2 Gen 2 Exterior Laborious Drive (B&H)
- SanDisk Professional 12TB G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class USB 3.2 Gen 2 Exterior Laborious Drive (B&H)
- SanDisk Professional 18TB G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class USB 3.2 Gen 2 Exterior Laborious Drive (B&H)
- SanDisk Professional 22TB G-DRIVE Enterprise-Class USB 3.2 Gen 2 Exterior Laborious Drive (B&H)