Final Up to date:
Though your fundamental group of runners make a highly effective preventing pressure all by themselves, they aren’t the solely faces you may depend on within the Shadowrun Trilogy. Shadowrun Hong Kong options two unlockable runners – Racter and Gaichu – so as to add to your squad, with simply as many improve choices as your fundamental celebration.
We’ll stroll you thru the very best improve choices to take when constructing out these runners with our Shadowrun Hong Kong companion Information.
Shadowrun Hong Kong: Racter
Your pleasant neighborhood mad scientist! Quite than being a member of your crew instantly, Racter begins out as the marginally off-putting man occupying your boat’s engine room. Whereas his mounted grin and talent to unsettle by no means fades away, Racter turns into a succesful and valued teammate over time.
Neither of Racter’s improve paths focus a lot on the person himself, somewhat they decide the course during which his fight drone Koschei develops.
The primary path, Predator, focuses totally on Koschei’s weapon techniques, having him work as a cell artillery platform. Whereas the Mangler path unleashes Racter’s id via Koschei, permitting the drone to stand up shut and deal some nasty harm.
- Racter’s first Predator improve is Elevated Accuracy, offering a flat increase of 5% to Koschei’s total accuracy.
- Mangler grants Transfer Velocity at this tier, rising Koschei’s motion by 1.
A single further sq. of motion is barely noticeable. Chances are high you’ll swiftly overlook that you just ever put in this improve. A flat 5% accuracy improve might sound equally negligible, nevertheless it makes a considerably bigger impression on Koschei’s effectiveness.
Greatest Decide: Elevated Accuracy
- Racter upgrades Koschei with a Shotgun Mount on the Predator path at this tier.
- Racter upgrades Rotary Noticed when selecting Mangler.
Each are lethal, efficient close-range instruments. The Rotary Noticed does enormous harm on a essential, and crits are more likely to occur with this weapon than with Koschei’s different armaments. And its 2-turn cooldown may be very brief however does imply that it’s important to put some thought into when to make use of the Noticed.
The Shotgun Mount offers elevated harm and has no cooldown, however is much less correct than Koschei’s beginning weaponry. Fortunately, should you took Elevated Accuracy at tier 1, the Shotgun Mount turns into a dependable alternate hearth mode, simply barely beating out the Rotary Noticed’s spectacular harm output when it comes to total usefulness.
Greatest Decide: Shotgun Mount
Tier 3 immediately improves how Racter can increase Koschei’s efficiency, somewhat than specializing in the drone itself.
- The Predator path grants Racter an improve to his Overclock potential at tier 3, granting Koschei +2 AP and +2 Motion for a single flip.
- Selecting Mangler reduces the cooldown of Racter’s Restore to three turns, somewhat than the preliminary 5.
Whereas the shorter cooldown on Restore will increase Koschei’s survivability, it’s totally missing compared to the improved Overclock. Commonly having the ability to grant a further 2 AP to Koschei utterly swings the motion economic system in your crew’s favor, turning Koschei into one in all Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s only instruments of destruction.
Greatest Decide: Increase Means: Overclock
This tier affords small boosts to completely different facets of Koschei’s harm output.
- Koschei’s Firearm Programs are improved via Predator, permitting the entire drone’s ranged assaults to pierce 2 armor.
- Mangler modifiers Koschei’s Melee Programs, permitting his melee assaults to trigger enemies to take 2 further harm every flip for the following 2 turns.
Whereas the Melee Programs increase is a pleasant enchancment to Koschei’s offensive capabilities, the harm being unfold out over subsequent turns is lower than best. The instant impression of Koschei’s ranged weapons piercing armor is a extra substantial improve.
Greatest Decide: Firearm Programs
Koschei’s remaining upgrades are among the many most helpful within the sport, cementing Koschei’s standing because the deadliest drone in Hong Kong.
- Selecting Predator unlocks the Ares Heavy Laser, a devastating new instrument that’s extremely correct and offers each HP and AP harm.
- Mangler unlocks Rip and Tear, a brutal melee assault that strips a whopping 4 armor from enemies on a profitable hit.
This improve tier largely comes down to private choice, as each choices are extremely potent. Rip and Tear lets you acquire an edge towards a few of Shadowrun: Hong Kong’s trickiest opponents. However the Ares Heavy Laser is such an unbelievable, persistently dependable fight instrument that it barely wins out right here.
Greatest Decide: Ares Heavy Laser.
Shadowrun Hong Kong: Gaichu
The previous Crimson Samurai is a ronin now, coping with his new life as a shadowrunning ghoul. You’ve gained a robust ally expert in shut fight, with power and regenerative capabilities that set him aside even from the metahumans and transhumans that populate your crew.
Gaichu’s first improve path is Crimson Samurai, specializing in defensive stances, damaging a number of enemies in a single sword stroke, and modifying his talent set with restricted ranged capabilities.
Ghoul is the opposite path that Gaichu can progress down. This path grants Gaichu quite a few new expertise that may apply buffs to himself when dealing harm, in addition to ranged strategies that deal harm over time.
- Gaichu’s first Crimson Samurai potential is Lively Protection, which boosts Gaichu’s armor by 2 and his dodge ranking by 1, with a 5-turn cooldown.
- Ghoul grants Rip, which is a claw-based melee assault, dealing 2 further harm, with additional harm utilized for the following 2 turns.
Rip is a reasonably helpful choice early on, however Gaichu unlocks loads of offensive maneuvers as you proceed to improve him. Lively Protection is helpful during Shadowrun: Hong Kong. Gaichu is probably the most closely melee-focused character in your crew, and rising his protection permits him to outlive that for much longer.
Greatest Decide: Lively Protection
The second set of upgrades for Gaichu affords a alternative between 2 potent ranged skills, giving Gaichu further choices when struggling to shut the hole with foes. Each expertise have a 2-turn cooldown.
- Shuriken offers a single chunk of injury and prices 1AP.
- Spit offers harm break up over 3 turns, ignores armor, and prices 0AP.
Shuriken is a good ranged choice that offers good harm, and its power scaling permits it to enhance as Gaichu grows extra highly effective. Spit takes 3 turns to deal as a lot harm as Shuriken initially does in 1, however the bulk of Spit’s harm remains to be dealt on the primary flip. Utterly ignoring armor implies that Spit continues to be helpful into the endgame.
Greatest Decide: Spit
- Gaichu’s third Crimson Samurai potential is Coup De Grace, a transfer that immediately kills a single surprised goal, with a 3-turn cooldown.
- Chunk is a brand new melee assault that enhances Gaichu’s power by 1 for two turns, heals him for 8HP, and offers AP harm on a 2-turn cooldown.
In case you’ve constructed your crew to deal heavy AP harm, then Coup De Grace is a tremendous potential that may immediately take enemies out of the battle. However Chunk is helpful it doesn’t matter what your crew composition, therapeutic and buffing Gaichu, lowering enemy AP, and dealing harm . Each choices are wonderful, however Chunk barely wins out.
Greatest Decide: Chunk
- Crimson Samurai at tier 4 grants Steel Cowl Bonus, an enchancment to Gaichu’s Steel Stance that provides a Mild Cowl Bonus.
- Ghoul’s tier 4 potential is Illness, which radiates a cloud round Gaichu that persists for 3 turns, offers heavy harm, and reduces enemy AP.
Passive gentle cowl is helpful to have however provides much less selection to Gaichu’s toolkit than Illness. Gaichu’s defensive capabilities have already been improved should you took Lively Protection at tier 2, and Illness is way too helpful a capability to move up.
Greatest Decide: Illness
Gaichu’s remaining set of skills pattern towards offense for Crimson Samurai, and a uncommon defensive talent for the Ghoul path.
- Crimson Samurai’s Whirlwind is a brand new assault for Gaichu that hits all adjoining enemies, dealing 2 further harm per hit.
- Regenerate is the Ghoul potential, and when activated heals Gaichu for 6hp per flip, over 3 turns complete.
Whirlwind is extremely helpful when Gaichu is rushed by a number of foes, permitting him to function a strolling AOE. The one concern is that Illness is roughly on par when it comes to harm, and affords debuffing properties too. Taking each feels superfluous.
Regenerate has a cooldown of two, which means there’s little or no motive to not have it lively continually. Coupled with the regenerative properties of Chunk – which may stack with Regenerate – Gaichu turns into a really tough foe to take down.
That does it for our Shadowrun Hong Kong companion construct information! Whilst you’re right here, be sure you try our information to constructing Shadowrun Hong Kong’s Essential Get together.