In case your PC received’t boot, there’s a great probability that the ability provide often is the supply of the difficulty. In earlier movies, we’ve outlined just a few indicators that your energy provide could also be failing, however on this one, we’ll go over some primary troubleshooting to isolate and hopefully clear up the issue.
First, we’ll want to verify that this isn’t a neighborhood electrical challenge.
- Take a look at whether or not the issue is said to your wall socket or a blown fuse purchase plugging the PC right into a identified working outlet
- Affirm that the ability cable isn’t the difficulty by swapping for a identified working cable
- Examine all energy cable connections for tightness
- Examine the ability swap on the rear of the PSU to verify it’s within the | place
- Examine the PSU for exterior put on or harm probably attributable to overheating
In case you’ve accomplished these steps and your PC will nonetheless not boot, you’ll be able to carry out what’s known as a Jumper Take a look at to guage the performance of the PSU itself.
- Utterly disconnect your energy provide from the motherboard and your energy cable. For modular energy provides go away the 20-pin connector hooked up. You’ll want it in a sec.
- Bend a metallic paperclip right into a U-Form
- With the Energy Provide swap within the O place and unplugged, insert one finish of the paperclip into the inexperienced pin and the opposite right into a black pin.
- Plug within the PSU and flip the ability swap. In case your PSU fan spins, meaning it’s getting energy and has not failed utterly. This might nonetheless imply a partial failure is inflicting your points, but it surely may additionally imply the issue is elsewhere. If the fan doesn’t spin, it’s time to exchange that energy provide.
That’s it! Take a look at the Velocity Micro weblog for extra PC troubleshooting suggestions and tips to assist get you again up and working.
Charlie has been a member of Velocity Micro’s group since 2018. He has a love for each graphic design and PC gaming.